Friday, October 12, 2012

What is the TRUTH behind the Benghazi Attack?




What happened in Libya? The evidence is clear that our Government, at the highest levels, knew of the mounting threat to our embassy in Benghazi. Every day, we learn more of just how obtuse the Administration was regarding the perilousness of the situation in Benghazi – or were they?

Why exactly, was our security so insufficient? Testimony before the Congressional Committee about the matter indicates that not only was security reduced immediately prior to the incident, but numerous requests and recommendations for increased security were denied. When you begin to look at just how substantial the reduction in security for the Embassy was you have to wonder what they were thinking. Remember, there had been a number of violent incidents prior to Sept 11 and the security force that existed prior to the incident included a 16 member Special Forces Unit. That unit was withdrawn one month before the attack. What was left was a small privately contracted security force and some Libyan militia forces.

After reducing security forces to absurd levels, the Administration then denied desperate calls for increased security.

The Committee heard testimony from Eric Nordstrom, who was the Regional Security Officer in charge of security on the ground at the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, and Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, who led a 16-member special forces team that was pulled from Libya a month before the attack. Both testified to having been acutely aware of serious threats to the Embassy, and to having repeatedly requested increased security personnel from the State Department. Those requests were denied.

This is in the face of the fact that the Administration knew of the growing threat months ahead of time and, in fact, they were warned three days prior to the tragedy that an attack was imminent.

Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security.
 
Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he and a battalion commander had a meeting about the economy and security.
 
He said they told the diplomats that the security situation wasn’t good for international business.
 
“The situation is frightening, it scares us,” Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He did not say how they responded.- CNN

It has also come to light that the Administration has lied and worked very hard to cover up these facts. In the first hours of the attack and for the following week the Administration tried to portray the attack as a protest of the now infamous trailer for a low budget Islam bashing trash film. We now know that Obama and his Administration knew that this was not the case.

U.S. intelligence officials knew within 24 hours of the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that it was a terrorist attack and suspected Al Qaeda-tied elements were involved, sources told Fox News -- though it took the administration a week to acknowledge it.
 
The account sharply conflicts with claims on the Sunday after the attack by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice that the administration believed the strike was a "spontaneous" event triggered by protests in Egypt over an anti-Islam film. 
 
Intelligence sources said that the Obama administration internally labeled the attack terrorism from the first day in order to unlock and mobilize certain resources to respond, and that officials were looking for one specific suspect. The sources said the intelligence community knew by Sept. 12 that the militant Ansar al-Shariah and Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb were likely behind the strike.- FOX

And of course the cover up continues to this day as the Obama Administration and their propaganda machine MSM attempt to spin the story over and over hoping to confuse the public as to what is fact and what is fiction.

The power of the Internet and Alternative Media is definitely having an effect however as the American People are beginning to demand answers to the questions of just what did the Administration know and when did they know it. More importantly they are asking WHY?

In the face of all this, that is my question as well. Why on earth would this be allowed to happen. Incompetence? Ignorance? Plain stupidity? Or, is there something more behind all of this. To me, this smacks of intent. I simply cannot believe that even bumblers like Secretary Clinton and B. Obama could fail so epically. I sense an agenda behind the denial of increased security in the face of so much intelligence indicating an imminent threat.

With that in mind, I ask myself just what does Obama and the Administration have to gain by all this? This is a question that, to date, I do not have an answer to.

I do believe that the Administration desired, even helped orchestrate this incident. I don’t think that incompetence is entirely to blame here. No, I think that there is definitely an agenda behind this tragic chain of events. Is it possible that this was intended to be something else but was ultimately bungled and allowed to get out of hand? Perhaps.

Whatever the case, it will be some time – if ever, before any answers come to light. If not for a Republican controlled House it is certain there would never have been hearings on the subject. The FBI investigation which lasted all of forty eight hours and didn’t happen until three weeks after the incident has turned up nothing. That is no surprise. While the Administration and the MSM continue trying to spin the story in some way that will stick, there are four dead Americans and a half gutted Embassy that serve as a testament to the policies of this President and his Administration.

There are so many unanswered questions. 

Which leaves us to wonder: Just what is the TRUTH behind what happened in Libya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muse on My Musings